Residential Site Manager - Ashford, Wage Negotiable
Elmwood Site Services are excited to be recruiting site managers with new build experience, for an 18month Residential project based In Ashford, Kent.
The site management is instrumental to a project being completed on time and safely. The ideal candidate must be able to work under pressure to a pace-orientated programme, with a proven track record of delivering projects in a timely manor and effectively managing staff, subcontractors, labour and plant.
This is a permanent role with a fast growing business, it would suit a knowledgeable Site Manager looking for career progression within an already iconic company
· Liaison with upper management to ensure project is delivered on time and in budget
· Management of in house and subcontractor labour and overseeing all subcontract packages
· Liaison with subcontractors, plant hire, labour suppliers to ensure that project is being delivered as effectively as possible.
· Attendance of site meetings & regular reporting
· Representing the business in a professional manner at all times
· To identify, reduce and manage all statutory and safety risk associated with a project.
· Enforce and comply with company health and safety regulations
· Attendance at Commissioning/witness testing
· General paperwork management; Method Statements, Risk Assessments, Site diaries, Project
Design reviews, onsite installation and general problem solving related to unforeseen issues related to the installation of services
· Preparing the site for completion and client handover
· Ensure that contracts provide a healthy and safe working conditions and that both clients and Company health and safety policy and process is effectively implemented across both the clients company and subcontractors’ activities, and systems operate to ensure regular review.
Accountabilities Adhere to company policies on all Health & Safety and Environmental Health guidelines.
· Adhere to company policies, on standards, codes of conduct, COSHH, and current government legislation. (Engineers are updated on a regular basis).
· Communicate regularly with all labour, subcontractors and higher management staff
· Accountable to the Project Manager
· Strong Technical Awareness
· Proven track record of delivering projects on time and to budget
· Ability to work to a tight programme
· Strong leadership: as you will be in charge of keeping a work force motivated to deliver the project to the highest standard.
· Have a good background in mechanical building systems both installation & maintenance. Ability to communicate with people at all levels.
· Be a team player with a flexible and adaptable approach.
· Have a sound understanding of current company and legislative Health and Safety, Environmental Impacts and Risk Assessment Procedures.
· Be able to provide both summarised and detailed reports, on current operations department activities when requested to do so.
· Hold a recognised project management qualification.
· Previous experience in residential site management role.
· Market and sector knowledge.
· Understands and applies appropriate employee legislation, safety, health and environment regulations.
· IT literate to intermediate level -
· Will be able to clearly and aptly communicate professionally both written and orally.
· Able to demonstrate partnership approach to customer management.
Clean current driving licence.